Pass rule inputs from one interface to record summary interface?

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Everyone,

I have an interface where the data is populated from record type and in the interface there is one link field where I am passing the record type field and identifiers. I the record type I have added the summary interface which will get open on click of hyperlink. My issue is how can I pass rule inputs from interface to the record summary interface?

Any suggestions are welcome!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

We're still facing the XY problem.  We understand that you think you want to solve your problem by way of passing inputs to the Record Summary page.  However, we're still not arriving at what you want to achieve BY doing that.  Once we know what you want to achieve, we may have a better way of doing it than if you could pass parameters.

One possibility might be multiple things in the saveInto: parameter of the component on Interface 1.  That could first call a write to datastore function that saves the data to the record, then run the recordLink.  In that case, by the time you arrived at the record, it would already have new data there AS IF you had just passed parameters to the form.

I don't know if that's an approach to what you finally hope to achieve, but here in case it helps.

Certified Lead Developer

We're still facing the XY problem.  We understand that you think you want to solve your problem by way of passing inputs to the Record Summary page.  However, we're still not arriving at what you want to achieve BY doing that.  Once we know what you want to achieve, we may have a better way of doing it than if you could pass parameters.

One possibility might be multiple things in the saveInto: parameter of the component on Interface 1.  That could first call a write to datastore function that saves the data to the record, then run the recordLink.  In that case, by the time you arrived at the record, it would already have new data there AS IF you had just passed parameters to the form.

I don't know if that's an approach to what you finally hope to achieve, but here in case it helps.

Children
No Data