I have a node in my process model which may take several minutes to complete, so

I have a node in my process model which may take several minutes to complete, sometimes it takes less than a minute depending upon certain criteria. Is there a way to proceed the flow to another node if the first node is taking more than 1 minute. I dont want to skip the first node. the first node should be active and should take its time to complete and should continue the flow. ...

OriginalPostID-110508

OriginalPostID-110508

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer
    i think something close to Priyaj's solution might work for you. Before the 'long' node, put an And gateway, and launch the 'long' node as well as a Timer node set for 1 minute. After the Timer node, have an XOR which checks for some PV thta you set in the output of the 'long' node, so that if the 'long' node finished in time, it can just go to an End Event. Otherwise have it set a separate flag indicating that this path has been taken. After the 'long' node put an XOR gateway that checks whether the path following the timer has been taken.
    Certified Lead Developer
    i think something close to Priyaj's solution might work for you. Before the 'long' node, put an And gateway, and launch the 'long' node as well as a Timer node set for 1 minute. After the Timer node, have an XOR which checks for some PV thta you set in the output of the 'long' node, so that if the 'long' node finished in time, it can just go to an End Event. Otherwise have it set a separate flag indicating that this path has been taken. After the 'long' node put an XOR gateway that checks whether the path following the timer has been taken.
Children
No Data