Notification section within application

Certified Senior Developer

There is a request to have a notification section in Application . This would be things like a document has been shared, an approval for an action, etc. Basically anything we currently send a system notification email, but this would be within Application. A notification count show up on the user profile image at the top right corner, like we would see on a smart phone. If we click on the notification icon, we could then see all new notifications, like viewing the emails on a screen in Application . Is it possible to achieve this functionality.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

Hello ,

just here to share my thoughts on it,

You can have an audit for all the actions you are performing and collect the data with fields such as users involved. construct an expression which will give you the required outputs. 

Create a interface for all the notifications, In this you can show the required data. 

Create a process model which will use the above interface and also capture the time as last opened. Doing this you can clear out the count or mark these as inactive. 

Later when you open the interface only the active i.e unread or new will be displayed.

In the home page use a cardLayout to show the number of notifications. On clicking this card you can run the created process model and show all the data. 

Or 

You can have a cardLayout in a column layout and show the audit history related to the logged in user in the home page itself.(This will reduce a lot of work)

Hello ,

just here to share my thoughts on it,

You can have an audit for all the actions you are performing and collect the data with fields such as users involved. construct an expression which will give you the required outputs. 

Create a interface for all the notifications, In this you can show the required data. 

Create a process model which will use the above interface and also capture the time as last opened. Doing this you can clear out the count or mark these as inactive. 

Later when you open the interface only the active i.e unread or new will be displayed.

In the home page use a cardLayout to show the number of notifications. On clicking this card you can run the created process model and show all the data. 

Or 

You can have a cardLayout in a column layout and show the audit history related to the logged in user in the home page itself.(This will reduce a lot of work)

Children
No Data