save a Request In Draft

hii all,

i have a requirement to store a request in draft , usually if i filled a form and given submit then only one request id will generate , before submit the form i want to save the form in draft mode , how would i achieve this please help me im new to appian.

thanks in advance 

b ramesh

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello ,

Two ways you can achieve this

1. The Allow users to save a draft in the process model User Input task forms tab. 

2. You can create you own Save option and store the data in a table where there are some mandatory audit fields such as one PK field (AutoIncrement) which will hold a unique value for the saved data and one field which will store the Parent request ID for reference(FK optional) and isActive field to make sure it is not left in the active state. You need to turn the status of this inactive after the successful completion of the task. I recommend you not to create a related action for this. You will have two buttons A. Save/Pause B. Resume.

Certified Senior Developer

Hello ,

Two ways you can achieve this

1. The Allow users to save a draft in the process model User Input task forms tab. 

2. You can create you own Save option and store the data in a table where there are some mandatory audit fields such as one PK field (AutoIncrement) which will hold a unique value for the saved data and one field which will store the Parent request ID for reference(FK optional) and isActive field to make sure it is not left in the active state. You need to turn the status of this inactive after the successful completion of the task. I recommend you not to create a related action for this. You will have two buttons A. Save/Pause B. Resume.

Children
No Data