How to create a filter to get data by day and month?

Certified Associate Developer

Hello. I currently have a database table with thousands of news from different dates. I would like to create a query that brings me the news by days and by month, but not by year. For example, the news of July 4 from different years. Thank you for your help.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Agree with Stefan, in MSSQL for example we can create a view that utilizes DATEPART() over a datetime field to break out day, month and year integers to be used in report filtering.

Just note that this does bypass Appian's auto conversion of datetime values stored as GMT in your database, so the day, month, year will be GMT and not local time, unless you add a mechanism to the DB such as a function to convert to a specific timezone.  Likely not that big of a deal for this use case.

• Agree with Stefan, in MSSQL for example we can create a view that utilizes DATEPART() over a datetime field to break out day, month and year integers to be used in report filtering.

Just note that this does bypass Appian's auto conversion of datetime values stored as GMT in your database, so the day, month, year will be GMT and not local time, unless you add a mechanism to the DB such as a function to convert to a specific timezone.  Likely not that big of a deal for this use case.

Children
No Data