Hi, I am getting the following exception when starting my jboss serve

Hi,

I am getting the following exception when starting my jboss server. I haven't changed anything. This used to work smoothly before. Any pointers will be highly appreciated.

2012-09-10 09:10:38,420 [main] ERROR com.appiancorp.common.config.ConfigObject - An error occurred while trying to initialize the config object com.appiancorp.ap2.LocaleConfig using the following resources: /WEB-INF/conf/locale-config.xml
com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.exceptions.SafeRetryException: Unable to acquire a Write connection. Safe to retry.
          at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.pooling.concurrent.Semaphore.acquireConnection(Semaphore.java:435)
          at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.pooling.concurrent.ConcurrentPools.getWriteConnection(ConcurrentPools.java:147)
          at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.pooling.PoolManager.getWriteConnection(PoolManager.java:300)
          at com.appiancorp.kougar.driver.KougarConnection.getConnection(KougarConnection.java:135)
          at com.appiancorp.kouga...

OriginalPostID-42744

OriginalPostID-42744

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Did you check what Sathya suggested about running checkengine? The "SafeRetryException: Unable to acquire a Write connection. Safe to retry." will show up if the application server (e.g. JBoss) cannot communicate with the Appian engines. Determining if the engines are up and running is an easy process that consists in the following steps:

1. Open a command prompt
    2. Navigate to <APPIAN_HOME>\\server\\_scripts\\diagnostic
    3. Execute: checkengine.bat -s
    4. The summary should show all engines in Okay

If they do, you may also want to check you didn't misconfigure a file called appian-topology.xml (which usually shouldn't be configured in a local single-box installation) located under <APPIAN_HOME>\\ear|runtime_ear|suite.ear\\conf.
  • Did you check what Sathya suggested about running checkengine? The "SafeRetryException: Unable to acquire a Write connection. Safe to retry." will show up if the application server (e.g. JBoss) cannot communicate with the Appian engines. Determining if the engines are up and running is an easy process that consists in the following steps:

1. Open a command prompt
    2. Navigate to <APPIAN_HOME>\\server\\_scripts\\diagnostic
    3. Execute: checkengine.bat -s
    4. The summary should show all engines in Okay

If they do, you may also want to check you didn't misconfigure a file called appian-topology.xml (which usually shouldn't be configured in a local single-box installation) located under <APPIAN_HOME>\\ear|runtime_ear|suite.ear\\conf.
Children
No Data