Need to Build Utility to fetch Appian tomcat logs.

Hi All,

We have Appian on premise in my current organization . I am thinking of building a utility which can fetch tomcat logs in a Appian UI and user can search the logs on the basis of Appian UI search filters . Please let me know if any one of  you have done the same in past or if you have suggestions to approach this particular problem .

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Sparsh, regarding your query I have found a plugin called "Log Reader" which provides functions to read log files and one such function is "readcsvlog" to read log files. But in the below-described code, we need to pass the path of the CSV file to extract data. And there is no way to showcase the log files on the UI.

Note: startIndex and batchSize are optional.

You can refer to the link regarding the understanding of the plugin - community.appian.com/.../log-reader.

Certified Associate Developer

You can create an interface in Appian that allows users to search the logs. You can use the Appian Records feature to create a record type that represents the tomcat logs. Configure the log server to push data to Appian: You'll need to set up a pipeline in your log management tool to push the tomcat logs to Appian. This can be done using the Appian REST API, which allows you to create, update, and delete records in Appian. Use Appian search filters to search the logs: Once the logs are in Appian, you can use Appian's search filters to allow users to search the logs. You can create a custom Appian expression function that performs the search and returns the results. Display the search results in Appian: Finally, you can create a view in Appian that displays the search results. You can use the Appian Grid component to display the logs in a tabular format, and allow users to click on a log entry to view the full log message.