Cucumber for Appian

Is it possible to add/update Chrome Options while using Cucumber for Appian? Having an example will be very helpful.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes, it is possible to add or update Chrome Options while using Cucumber for Appian. Here's an example of how you can do this:

First, you need to import the necessary libraries:

java
    Copy code
    import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptions;
    import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver;
    import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver;
    Then, you can create a new instance of the ChromeOptions class and set the options you want to add or update. Here's an example:

java
    Copy code
    ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();
    options.addArguments("--start-maximized"); // add option to start the browser in maximized mode
    options.addArguments("--disable-notifications"); // add option to disable browser notifications
    Finally, you can pass the ChromeOptions instance to the ChromeDriver constructor to create a new driver instance with the desired options:

java
    Copy code
    WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);
    This will create a new instance of the Chrome browser with the specified options.

You can also update existing options by calling the setExperimentalOption method on the ChromeOptions instance. Here's an example:

java
    Copy code
    options.setExperimentalOption("prefs", Map<String, Object> prefs); // update preferences for Chrome
    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

• Yes, it is possible to add or update Chrome Options while using Cucumber for Appian. Here's an example of how you can do this:

First, you need to import the necessary libraries:

java
    Copy code
    import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeOptions;
    import org.openqa.selenium.WebDriver;
    import org.openqa.selenium.chrome.ChromeDriver;
    Then, you can create a new instance of the ChromeOptions class and set the options you want to add or update. Here's an example:

java
    Copy code
    ChromeOptions options = new ChromeOptions();
    options.addArguments("--start-maximized"); // add option to start the browser in maximized mode
    options.addArguments("--disable-notifications"); // add option to disable browser notifications
    Finally, you can pass the ChromeOptions instance to the ChromeDriver constructor to create a new driver instance with the desired options:

java
    Copy code
    WebDriver driver = new ChromeDriver(options);
    This will create a new instance of the Chrome browser with the specified options.

You can also update existing options by calling the setExperimentalOption method on the ChromeOptions instance. Here's an example:

java
    Copy code
    options.setExperimentalOption("prefs", Map<String, Object> prefs); // update preferences for Chrome
    I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Children