View or table relationship?

Hi All,

If i have  two tables where possible relationship can be configured, is it better to create view from both table OR create relationship to query data from both table?

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer

Nowadays I clearly prefer to use synced records and relationships aka Data Fabric. Only in cases that do not fit into the limitations, I have to find another solution.

Certified Senior Developer

I would prefer you to go with record relationship. Since Appian records are now powerful and capable of handling the data.

1.Relationships are defined in the data model and allow you to establish associations between records in different tables. Relationships can be one-to-one, one-to-many, or many-to-many.

2. If you need to navigate and retrieve data from multiple related tables based on certain conditions, setting up relationships in Appian can simplify your queries.

3.Relationships can make it easier to model your data in Appian , allowing you to visualize and work with associated records more effectively.

Go for the View incase  If you have complex data structures and queries that require multiple joins or aggregations, Then creating a view might be more appropriate as it simplifies the query logic.