Execute store procedure to update data

Certified Associate Developer

Hi All,

I am trying to update data from one table to other table using execute store procedure smart service but i am getting below error while executing smart service.

(conn=8566693) Incorrect string value: '\xAC\xED\x00\x05ur...' for column.

can any one suggest what it is referring for.

Thanks in Advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
  • That CREATE PROCEDURE script does not match the parameters shown in the DB GUI or Execute Procedure node, but I'm guessing you typed that manually and the procedure does have 2 inputs for "ids" and "code"?  The procedure script above also uses "id" instead of the "ids" input you appear to be passing.  I would first ask to confirm the inputs and script match what you are sending.

Is this happening always or only on some values for id/ids?

id/ids is a text value in the DB?

Confirm the destination table fields you are updating are the same type and length of the source table?

Confirm the value of the constant you are using for the data source is correct?  (However since your error notes column I am assuming this part is ok)

Share the exact call you use when you run the procedure directly on the DB?  (as you note this does work correctly)

To note, I always recommend avoiding the Execute Stored Procedure service unless absolutely necessary - all we are doing here is updating some table values which can easily be done by pulling them into a CDT, updating values in Appian, and persisting back with the Write to Datastore service - which is simpler to build, maintain and debug.

Children
No Data