Process driven or data driven task?

Hi All,

Can anyone suggest the best way to configure task in application? Process driven or data driven task?

Thanks in advance 

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Process driven! Appian is meant to implement applications driven by business processes. A business process orchestrates the collaboration of people, data and systems. Assigning a task to a person requires management by due dates, escalations and exceptions. All of this is directly implemented OOTB in Appian. Why would you want to re-implement the wheel?

And yes, there are rare use cases where the task assignment concept in Appian does not fit. I first try to advice my clients to change heir approaches before I start building DB driven tasks.

Certified Lead Developer

Process driven! Appian is meant to implement applications driven by business processes. A business process orchestrates the collaboration of people, data and systems. Assigning a task to a person requires management by due dates, escalations and exceptions. All of this is directly implemented OOTB in Appian. Why would you want to re-implement the wheel?

And yes, there are rare use cases where the task assignment concept in Appian does not fit. I first try to advice my clients to change heir approaches before I start building DB driven tasks.

Children
No Data