We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

How do you restrict another developer from creating Record Type in their application that can modify your applications data?

We have various Appian applications, and generally we want all our developers to have view access to each others applications for transparency and knowledge share.

Now, I am the developer and owner of an application and I have created a Record Type for an entity, generated the SQL script and database table, and all the process models that allow the manipulation of that data through my Record Type. Effectively my application and it's objects are the "owners" of that data, and should be the only objects allowed to modify the data.

How do I stop another developer from simply creating a Record Type in his application, pointing it to my database table, and then using his new Record Type in his application to modify the data in my database tables ?

I don't want other developers to simply be able to create applications that can modify data that my application should own and manage.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible