We are using Appian 7.4 and experiencing some Appian Performance Issues(High Mem

We are using Appian 7.4 and experiencing some Appian Performance Issues(High Memory Usage) in production. one of the possible reasons we guess is related to log settings, when we look at the log configuration file for Jboss/Appian Engine, actually we notice there are quite a few log level settings to INFO or ALL, and also notice the MaxBackupIndex size is different from one to another, and we are not sure it's normal or not , so any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance!...

appian_log4j.properties

OriginalPostID-115404

OriginalPostID-115404

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Your file matches the JBoss out of the box logging.properties but in my install I have changed this line

logger.com.arjuna.level=WARN

to

logger.com.arjuna.level=ERROR

to avoid logging the ARJUNA warnings which can be a lot and increase the server.log's size. You may want to give that a go.

Either you update that file or you change this line in standalone.xml to ERROR

<logger category="com.arjuna">
    <level name="WARN"/>
    </logger>

I still think the performance issue can be related to something else (please continue to work with Appian Support if these changes doesn't help) but I suggest you try these changes too. They do require a restart of JBoss and I suggest the second approach (i.e. editing standalone.xml)
  • Your file matches the JBoss out of the box logging.properties but in my install I have changed this line

logger.com.arjuna.level=WARN

to

logger.com.arjuna.level=ERROR

to avoid logging the ARJUNA warnings which can be a lot and increase the server.log's size. You may want to give that a go.

Either you update that file or you change this line in standalone.xml to ERROR

<logger category="com.arjuna">
    <level name="WARN"/>
    </logger>

I still think the performance issue can be related to something else (please continue to work with Appian Support if these changes doesn't help) but I suggest you try these changes too. They do require a restart of JBoss and I suggest the second approach (i.e. editing standalone.xml)
Children
No Data