Text Doc from Template SS substitution keys

Certified Associate Developer

Above is what my substitution keys look like. Below is what I am seeing in the PM designer for each key. Some of the keys do appear normally. Below is for the key poss. I have keys which are not underlined that are producing the same behavior. This word document was provided to me by the client. It is a paper form that customers would fill out by hand.

p</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00134D25"><w:rPr><w:rFonts w:ascii="Arial" w:hAnsi="Arial" w:cs="Arial"/>
<w:color w:val="000000" w:themeColor="text1"/><w:sz w:val="18"/><w:u w:val="single" w:color="221E1F"/>
</w:rPr><w:t>oss</w:t></w:r><w:r w:rsidR="00052BF8"><w:rPr><w:rFonts w:ascii="Arial" w:hAnsi="Arial" w:cs="Arial"/>
<w:color w:val="000000" w:themeColor="text1"/><w:sz w:val="18"/><w:u w:val="single" w:color="221E1F"/></w:rPr><w:t>

Any idea what the issue is? Can anyone reproduce this? I could send a portion of the document to anyone interested.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • It seems that the issue you are facing is a longstanding bug in the Word Docx from Template smart service in Appian. This bug causes the replacement key names to include background WordML markup language that should have been filtered out.

One possible cause of this issue is having Spell Check enabled in Word while making changes to a template, which can result in cluttered markup within the replacement keys.

To address this issue, you may need to manually remove the unwanted markup from the replacement keys in the Word document. Alternatively, you can try disabling Spell Check while making changes to the template to prevent the cluttering of markup in the replacement keys.

Please note that this bug has been present for at least 10 years, so it may require a workaround or further investigation from the Appian support team to resolve it permanently.

Reply Children
No Data