Need to extract Data Store entities from the mentioned Data Store

Certified Associate Developer

Is there any smart service available that will give the list of Data Store Entities present in the given Data Store?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

I am creating application which will help in archiving the data  from production environment by converting table data into csv file...but the requirement is not limited to only one application...I need to make it generic for client so if they need to decommission any application in future they can use this archiving application....so the requirement is Interface will show all tables names from mariaDB and user can select multiple tables from this...if only one table is selected it will generate one csv file for that table data and if multiple tables are selected it will generate zipped folder of all csv files

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kirtiv0590

IMHO such kind of use cases are not great for Appian. And your idea becomes more difficult with the switch to synced records which deprecates Data Stores. And then you would want to create a separate database schema for each application with separate permissions etc.

Why not create a management application which expects that certain functionality is implemented in each application individually? 

in reply to Stefan Helzle

I am creating management application only...but I am not sure how to get data from DB when Data Store Entity or Record for the table is not present..also I tried to achieve this using Query Database but it has limitation as it returns only 1000 rows at a time which is not feasible for my requirement

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to kirtiv0590

Yeah ... that's what I meant. Not a great use case ...

So, each app knows which tables it uses and how to export them. If you make this app specific, you don't need all that super dynamic black magic stuff.