How to Appian Case management

Certified Lead Developer

Hi Champs,

In one of the use case, we do need Case management and I see Appian comes up with it's Case Management framework ; but I am not sure how to use the same.

Can anyone have use the same or any idea how to use it?

Regards,

Ghanashyam

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to David J (NTT DATA)

Hi David,

Thanks for the link. Here it gives benefits and use cases of Case Management ; but I am unable to find any reference how to implement the same in our case. Shall we purchase this asset from Appian and do only configuration changes required for the client or shall we build it from scratch. I am confused on that part.

Regards,

Ghanashyam

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to ghanashyamm0005

What you should do or not do, depends solely on your use case. If you are in doubt, contact Appian and ask for a demo.

In general, case management in Appian means that you have a case record and a bunch of record actions you enable based on some logic.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to ghanashyamm0005

Hi Case Management is not a framework itself, is another way of designing your apps. As Stefan said, you can work with records if you want to generate a case management app, but the fact that your app contains records doesn't mean that you are working with CM, and you can implement a CM app without using records....

Check appian academy, where you can find at least 2 courses about CM, where you will references to a CM "framwork" in appian for publi sector.

In Youtube, you will find several tutorials and hand ons about it (including one by appian about creating an CM app with records)