Indexing a recordtype

Certified Senior Developer

Hi All,

I have a scenario where i am getting details in a recordtype which is multiple.

Now i have to subsitute the record field value at a specific index  of a recordtyep in interface.

Is that possible as i am not seeing any option to index it.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi , 

You can use index function to access particular value of record, then you can use substitute function

Can you explain bit more what you are trying to achieve ?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Shikha

"index" means "position within an array" despite the common confusion around here caused by the "index()" function also being able to fetch a named property of a data type, meaning a lot of folks conflate the two things falsely. 

However from the available context, I assume OP here is after the ability to index into a specific position in an array (true to the actual definition of "index"), which of course can be done both with the "index()" function as well as manually specifying an index in square brackets (local!myRecord[1], etc, which will work as long as the given number is guaranteed to exist in the given array lest it throw an error message).

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Shikha

"index" means "position within an array" despite the common confusion around here caused by the "index()" function also being able to fetch a named property of a data type, meaning a lot of folks conflate the two things falsely. 

However from the available context, I assume OP here is after the ability to index into a specific position in an array (true to the actual definition of "index"), which of course can be done both with the "index()" function as well as manually specifying an index in square brackets (local!myRecord[1], etc, which will work as long as the given number is guaranteed to exist in the given array lest it throw an error message).

Children
No Data