Hi all, I have a dropdown based on which a message should be displayed unde

Hi all,
I have a dropdown based on which a message should be displayed under the dropdown field.
I'm using a message box field to display the message under the dropdown based on JS on change event.
I need to display right under the field as it happens for validations. I'm using html to align it to center but it doesn't exactly come under dropdown.

Any help on the workaround ?

Thanks in advance....

OriginalPostID-116818

OriginalPostID-116818

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Based on your post I assume you're not using Tempo Enabled nor SAIL forms. I suggest you explore the capabilities offered by SAIL to start moving away from JavaScript in order to make your forms compatible with mobile devices.

Here are some useful links for you to start considering moving to SAIL and get dynamic capabilities without JavaScript

forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Components.html
    forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html

If you're not on SAIL yet then you can still achieve your requirement by adding the following function to your Custom JS library and then just invoke it passing the fieldId of your dropdown as the first parameter and the new text you want to display as the second one. This function basically updates the instructions field below the component which is the same place where validation errors are displayed.

function addInstructionsToField(fieldId, instructions) {
              $("#fd_component_" + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + fieldId + " .instructions").css("display", "block");
              $("#fd_component_" + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + fieldId + " .instructions").html(instructions);

}
  • Based on your post I assume you're not using Tempo Enabled nor SAIL forms. I suggest you explore the capabilities offered by SAIL to start moving away from JavaScript in order to make your forms compatible with mobile devices.

Here are some useful links for you to start considering moving to SAIL and get dynamic capabilities without JavaScript

forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Components.html
    forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Recipes.html

If you're not on SAIL yet then you can still achieve your requirement by adding the following function to your Custom JS library and then just invoke it passing the fieldId of your dropdown as the first parameter and the new text you want to display as the second one. This function basically updates the instructions field below the component which is the same place where validation errors are displayed.

function addInstructionsToField(fieldId, instructions) {
              $("#fd_component_" + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + fieldId + " .instructions").css("display", "block");
              $("#fd_component_" + window.FormDesigner.runtimeNamespace + fieldId + " .instructions").html(instructions);

}
Children
No Data