Can I have multiple processes monitor the same email box but different folders?

Can I have multiple processes monitor the same email box but different folders?
I looked at forum.appian.com/.../Mail_Server_Setup.html

is this configurable by the ejbName
conf.mailhandler.alias.HelpDeskRequest=processmodeluuid0004cedf-a045-8000-234b-c0a8031014c0...

OriginalPostID-119152

OriginalPostID-119152

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The main constrain here is that the alias is based on the email address not on the ejbName. What I'd suggest is to use a master process model with a single alias that will launch the right process depending on the analysis of the email.

If you are using IMAP you could still have a share mailbox to be accessed by two different accounts which is what you will be using in the new message driven EJB but again the mailbox will have the same email address from which the before-the-@ portion is what will be used for the alias, making it impossible to have two different alias.

That said what I suggest is managing this as shared mailbox and keeping a single alias, then following the "Configuring Appian to Poll Additional Email Accounts" section of that link to create a second message driven EJB with a different account to poll the second folder. They will all be handled by the same alias but your model will be a master model launching other either sub-processes or processes via messaging.

On the other hand if you are using the POP3 protocol, the only valid inbox that can be used and read is the default INBOX.
  • The main constrain here is that the alias is based on the email address not on the ejbName. What I'd suggest is to use a master process model with a single alias that will launch the right process depending on the analysis of the email.

If you are using IMAP you could still have a share mailbox to be accessed by two different accounts which is what you will be using in the new message driven EJB but again the mailbox will have the same email address from which the before-the-@ portion is what will be used for the alias, making it impossible to have two different alias.

That said what I suggest is managing this as shared mailbox and keeping a single alias, then following the "Configuring Appian to Poll Additional Email Accounts" section of that link to create a second message driven EJB with a different account to poll the second folder. They will all be handled by the same alias but your model will be a master model launching other either sub-processes or processes via messaging.

On the other hand if you are using the POP3 protocol, the only valid inbox that can be used and read is the default INBOX.
Children
No Data