Granting permission rights to write in Data Store entity to process inbound e-mails

Hi there,

I hope the title makes it a bit clear what I am currently struggling with.

I would like to set up a process that is triggered by inbound e-mails. As part of the process some information of the mail shall be written into the database via the "Write to Data Store entity" smart service. When I tried it first I encountered the error 'Details:  An error occurred while trying to retrieve the data store entity [id=]. Verify that the data store and entity have not been deleted, and have the correct security settings. Details: User Does Not Have Rights to Perform this Operation '. After I adjusted the Data Store security settings to Viewer rights for ALL users, the process ran successfully and the data entry was written to the database.

However, I have some concerns about keeping the security settings of the Data Store set up like this. Except for the handling of the inbound mails only dedicated users of the company shall/need access to the application. So is there any way / best practice how to avoid that the complete data store and is accessible for all users (incl. guest users)? Would it be a solution to create a own datastore only for such purposes?

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Dom

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible