Object View search is not working

Certified Senior Developer

Hey, I try to find components through Object View search that still uses 23.3 version as we updated to 23.4. But, when I searched(in the expression), nothing showed up and there are no of objects with what I searched.

Searched for 'buttonWidget_23r3' and no object is available:

Just one of the component that uses 23.3 version component.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

After upgrade, it takes some time before objects using the versioned functionality starts showing up with the new rule names in the expression search.  Remember that they were originally just using "a!buttonWidget()" prior to the upgrade - in the Appian back-end, the interface actually just has a reference to a rule UUID (which hasn't actually changed) and in some weird way (which i'm fuzzy on the details for) it takes some time to actually update the "plaintext" representation that the expression search looks at.

To test, try making changes to one such interface, save, then do the search again - I expect (but haven't tested) that it'll come up in your search after that.  I believe others will 'follow' after some time has gone by - i'm not sure how long though.  For reference, my environment which got upgraded several weeks ago, currently matches many "buttonWidget_23r3" items in the expression search, while most still come up in expression search as just "buttonWidget(".

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Mike Schmitt

Ok, but to find those earlier version components I have to use the search Smile. There are hundreds of objects with the "_23r3" prefix. 

Reply Children