Interface dynamically allows user to create forms

In part of my requirements for this project I am working on in Appian is to allow admins of the application be able to dynamically add fields and forms from the backoffice interface for users to access and submit their responses to the dynamically generated forms. I have looked everywhere online for the answer but have found little to no information on the topic. All I found was a plugin, however I am precluded from utilizing plugins in this specific project, and as such, must be developed entirely on Appian without plugins. Can this be achieved?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

If you are simply capturing text fields and dropdowns (i.e. some kind of survey) with few validations or business rules it can be done. Otherwise, I don't recommend.

Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to alir5058

I agree with Stefan here. Giving the user provision to update the field labels, reference data values and minor visibility setting of fields in a form is okay. But  giving user the provision to create new fields or components in the form is not a great practice and also will become very complicated to design such feature. Since you are planning to create these field you would want the user to remove those as well later. This would be a developers work.

If you are talking about limited number of input fields addition, I would say design those in the initial form build and add visibility condition which would populate from a table. Give the ability for the user to update these values in the table.

Certified Associate Developer

We have created such a functionality, first you have to create the Question Bank, where you are going to create the questions by type, dropdown,text etc. Then you create a Form Templates section where you configure a form template inside which you put the questions from the question bank. After that for the final user you can call the template and then foreach with a!match function the different questions, and store the answers in a multiple data.