Editable grid in Read only grid

Hello Everyone,

I have a requirement of showing an editable grid when clicked on a value in a read only grid.

Is it possible to do?

Or Is it possible to give a search filter and user filters to a editable grid?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hello  

Not sure the way you asked the question makes sense. But from my assumption, I guess you are asking for a provision to edit the existing data in a grid which show read only data. 

You can use an editable grid and make it initially read only and have an icon for each row and when clicked, the row would turn editable. This updated data would be stored in a local variable and a button would appear in the bottom of the grid which would contain a!startProcess() and save your information. I have done this approach. But have used only to edit a single row of data at a time. If this approach you can have a top level filter before selecting the edit option.

Certified Senior Developer

Hello  

Not sure the way you asked the question makes sense. But from my assumption, I guess you are asking for a provision to edit the existing data in a grid which show read only data. 

You can use an editable grid and make it initially read only and have an icon for each row and when clicked, the row would turn editable. This updated data would be stored in a local variable and a button would appear in the bottom of the grid which would contain a!startProcess() and save your information. I have done this approach. But have used only to edit a single row of data at a time. If this approach you can have a top level filter before selecting the edit option.

Children