Record Types listed as missing precedents despite being present in the application

Hi all,

We're deploying an application to a new environment for the first time, but upon inspection of the package in the target environment it's listing some record types as missing precedents.

We've checked and the 

I've checked the forums and this seems to be a known issue. My first idea was to try and deploy the record type individually but it has too many missing precedents. Any other suggestions on how to get around this?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Have you deployed all the DB scripts initially?

I would perform a deployment in the following order

1. Data Base Scripts

2. Groups

3. All objects

Can you retry in the above mentioned order. 

when you try to deploy only records initially, it would definitely show this error as it would have interfaces as summary views, expressions for any labels or so. Process models which are used in actions and interfaces used in these processes. 

So deploying in the above order would be a better option AFAIK.

If it’s the interfaces that you are unable to deploy due to missing record fields, I would check if any records are missing or any relationships that were not established properly and redeploy in the higher environment. Or Just select all the missing precedents and deploy.

• Hey Konduru, thanks for the reply. I have already followed the steps you listed above, so far we have deployed the DB scripts, DB objects, and groups. I'm now trying to deploy the rest of the objects. Do you have any other advice?

Reply Children