Automate Appian Process Errors to Send Information to Other Systems

Hello everyone!

Scenario: A process gets an unexpected error and stops. (No error management flow, like a rule error)

Is there a way to do more than the standard appian alert email and automate a robot or a process that, for example, sends that error information to other system (like opening a ticket in Service Now throguh API).

Apart from the main question, what options exist if a customer wants to view all the possible monitoring information in they're own dashboards system?

Information like:
-Healthcheck dashboards
-CPU, Ram, Disk Alerts
-System Metrics

-Process Alerts

-Flow Errores (like integrations)

The customer mentioned dynatrace (which Appian does not recomend and we have a cloud environment) and ServiceNow

Thanks everyone!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

Yes, you can open an alternate path in your process that it's activated when an amount of time has passed. 

In case of error the main flow will stop, but you alternative path will be activated, and you will be able to send the error notification anywhere.

About dynatrace, If i'm not wrong Appian does not recommend it in case of user interfaces, because may affect the behaviour of the component... buy if you don't use in that way I think it wont be any problem

Certified Lead Developer

Yes, you can open an alternate path in your process that it's activated when an amount of time has passed. 

In case of error the main flow will stop, but you alternative path will be activated, and you will be able to send the error notification anywhere.

About dynatrace, If i'm not wrong Appian does not recommend it in case of user interfaces, because may affect the behaviour of the component... buy if you don't use in that way I think it wont be any problem

Children