Editable Grid - Paging controlling number of records displayed per page

Hi All,

Is it possible to limit the number of rows displayed by an editable grid? I currently implemented paging but I doesn't do anything to the actual grid it keeps showing all the records. Basically I would like to do like a read only grid - show only 5 records then next page the 5 next following records like that. Is this possible?

thanks again

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
  • +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Maria

1) show your data in a read-only grid

2) add an icon-size column which contains an "edit" icon (for instance), which is a link

3) clicking on the "edit" icon copies that row's data temporarily into a local variable, and this is displayed in a section below the grid, in editable fields (also the "edit" icons in the original grid are disabled)

4) after edits are completed and the user clicks something (in that local section) to save their edits, the data is populated back to the database and the section closes, and links in the original grid become active again

• Thank you, I know how to do up to step 2, when you say copies the data temporarily where are you doing that exactly?
    Is there any document or code that I can refer to?

• +1
    Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to Maria
    when you say copies the data temporarily where are you doing that exactly?

The "where" is the local variable I also mentioned.  To expand on that, I mean that you would declare a local variable (nominally at the top of the form with most other local variables you're using) that would initially be blank, but when you click a row's edit icon, you call a dynamic link that saves the data of the current row into that local variable (therefore ending up with it populated with a dictionary of the current row's data).  This local variable would be what the "edit section" fields reference (and target for the saving of changes), and then when the user Saves, you would write that local variable's updated value back to the DB by some means.

Is there any document or code that I can refer to?

There might be a recipe for something like this in the Appian Recipes if you dig, but I don't happen to know off the top of my head.