How to move between page with parameter being sent over?

Certified Associate Developer

Use Case

Screen-A

Have text field and button to send value to Screen-B

Screen-B

Obtain value from Screen-A and display form based on obtain value.

Solution that I tired

1. Record Action: Does not work because can't send value to Process Model

2. Related Action: Does not work because It can send only static value. not a value from Screen-B

I search for some forums and there is solution of using starProcessLink but, It is limited to hyperlink. Not work as a button.

Maybe I have to create cardLayout to simulate it as a button and use startProcessLink inside?

Thanks!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents

Hi,

To move between screens in Appian and pass parameters, you can use a process model with a!startProcess() linked to a button. This function can start a process that opens Screen-B and passes the value from Screen-A. Configure Screen-B to accept the process variable and display the passed value. This approach does not require a!startProcessLink() and works dynamically with button clicks.

in reply to SRINI

Hi  

I did implement a!startProcess() inside saveInto of buttonWidget() 

After I click button on Screen-A. There is no screen transition.

It just start process on background.

Due to charactheistic of a!startProcess() that can't start chained form on Process Model.

Ways to Start a Process - Appian 24.1

Btw, How did you implement a!startProcess()?

in reply to Sorasit

Hi,

a!startProcessLink(
    label: "Go to Screen-B",
    processModel: cons!YOUR_PROCESS_MODEL_CONSTANT,
    processParameters: {
    'param1': local!valueFromScreenA
    },
    startFormLink: true
    )

Note: 

This link can be placed inside a card layout or any other component that supports links to visually represent it as a button.

Keep in mind, a!startProcessLink is designed for use cases where you want to take the user to a new interface related to a specific piece of information on the current interface, making it suitable for your requirement to move to Screen-B after a button click on Screen-A.

in reply to Sorasit

Hi,

a!startProcessLink(
    label: "Go to Screen-B",
    processModel: cons!YOUR_PROCESS_MODEL_CONSTANT,
    processParameters: {
    'param1': local!valueFromScreenA
    },
    startFormLink: true
    )

Note: 

This link can be placed inside a card layout or any other component that supports links to visually represent it as a button.

Keep in mind, a!startProcessLink is designed for use cases where you want to take the user to a new interface related to a specific piece of information on the current interface, making it suitable for your requirement to move to Screen-B after a button click on Screen-A.

Children
No Data