SubmitLink() is disabled successfully in object but does not behave correctly when testing on front-end sit

Certified Associate Developer

Hi everyone, 

I'm seeing this behaviour which I cannot explain. Could anyone recommend me a solution or reason for this behaviour?

I'm having an interface with gridField(), one of the grid column's value is richTextIcon() containing a submitLink() to kick off a process model. Please see below the code to build up my grid column: 

a!gridColumn(
          align: "CENTER",
          label: "",
          value: a!localVariables(
            local!showLink: false,
            a!richTextDisplayField(
              value: a!richTextIcon(
                caption: "Re-open Case",
                icon: "folder-open",
                link: a!submitLink(
                  showWhen: local!showLink = false(),
                  saveInto: {
                    a!startProcess(
                      processModel: cons!PRO_PM_REACTIVATE_CASE
                      processParameters: {
                        noteContent: "This case was re-activated",
                        caseId: fv!row['recordType!Test.field.caseId]
                      },
                      onSuccess: {
                        a!save(local!showLink, true)

}
                    )
                  }
                ),
                linkStyle: "STANDALONE"
              )
            )
          )
        )

I'm expecting to disable the submit link after user clicking on the icon once. The icon was successfully disabled when I test on that interface, and behaved correctly when I tested on the parent interface also, but coming to site testing, after clicking the icon once, it is still active and I can re-click it as many times as I want. 

Does any one have any idea of how to fix this or possible solution to find the reason? Please help if you do Slight smile

Thank you!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I am not sure what you are trying to do here.

A submitLink that tries to start a process in the background does not feel right. A submitLink is meant to submit a process start form or a user input task. But in both situations, it either already starts a process or continues one.

What kind of interface is this, and where/how is it used.

What do you try to achieve?

in reply to Stefan Helzle

Thank you for your input. To clarify, my goal is to enable users to quickly reactivate cases directly from a grid on the interface without navigating away. The submitLink() is used to start a background process that updates the case status upon clicking an icon. This setup aims to enhance user efficiency by reducing navigation and simplifying interactions. Given this, would you recommend a different approach or component for initiating background processes directly from the grid?

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to SRINI

Assuming that your case is a record, I suggest to add that process as a record action and use the record action field. Then configure this action to only show up in a specific case status.

Done!

in reply to Stefan Helzle

Great suggestion, thank you! I'll try to implement the record action for the case status changes directly within the grid, and configure it to appear based on the case status. This approach will definitely streamline that workflow. Thanks for the guidance!

Reply Children
No Data