APNX-1-4198-000

Getting this error when trying go into the application, not only for our application, clicking on other applications in same environment happen the same. But when I switch to another browser (Chrome), no error when opening application

Also having this error 'unable to acquire JDBC connection' in many places in our application.

Are these same issue?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Certified Associate Developer

Hi,

1)

Switching to Chrome and not experiencing the issue may indicate browser-specific settings, such as caching or cookie management, are influencing the behavior. To troubleshoot, consider the following steps:

1. Clear the cache and cookies in the browser where the issue occurs to eliminate potential session or state conflicts.
    2. Verify the database connection settings in the Appian Administration Console to confirm they are accurate and that the database is accessible.
    3. Examine server logs for more detailed error information that could clarify the cause of these errors.
    4. Conduct tests on database connectivity and permissions to ensure that the Appian environment can execute queries effectively.

2)

'unable to acquire JDBC connection' in many places in our application."

The errors you are encountering, particularly the "Failed to execute query in thread for: EntityBackedQueryExecutor" and "Could not open JPA EntityManager for transaction," suggest there are deeper issues with the database connection or transaction management within your Appian environment. These problems appear to be unrelated to the browser, given that they involve backend processes like entity management and database queries.

Ensure that the database server is running and accessible from the Appian server.

Double-check the database connection settings in the Appian Administration Console to ensure they are correct

Look for detailed error messages or stack traces in the Appian logs

• For the first issue, I clear the cache and cookies in Edge (where the issue occurred), but still having same issue

Certified Associate Developer
    in reply to fxzrqjzztrmy

Hi,

Ensure that Edge is fully compatible with the version of Appian you're using. Sometimes, newer or older browser versions may have compatibility issues. Open the developer tools in Edge (usually accessible with F12) and check the console for any JavaScript errors or warnings that could provide clues on what might be malfunctioning.---Examine the network tab in the browser's developer tools to see if there are any failed network requests or unusual status codes returned which might be affecting the functionality.---Review the Appian server logs for any warnings or errors related to the UI components or data connections that could be causing the issues.

• Thank you, I check developer tools and found a HTTP post request 500 error, I'll check server logs