Post Comment on Feed Intermittent Issue with Deactivated Author

Hello, in a process I am using "Post Comment to Feed Entry", the value of author being passed is a user who is deactivated.

This process sometime works fine and intermittently gives me generic error as below-

An error occurred while trying to post a comment or hazard to the feed (entry id: [382]). Details: The supplied feed entry [382] is not accessible (APNX-1-4181-100)

This is strange behavior, any idea why does it work sometime because I believe passing deactivated user as author should give an error always.

TIA!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Senior Developer

Hi, 

The issue you're experiencing with the "Post Comment to Feed Entry" using a deactivated user appears to be related to inconsistencies in how user status is handled within the system. It's possible that caching or delayed database transactions are allowing the deactivated user to occasionally perform actions. To resolve this, ensure that user status checks are consistently applied across your application and consider reviewing system logs for anomalies around these events.

Certified Senior Developer

Hi, 

The issue you're experiencing with the "Post Comment to Feed Entry" using a deactivated user appears to be related to inconsistencies in how user status is handled within the system. It's possible that caching or delayed database transactions are allowing the deactivated user to occasionally perform actions. To resolve this, ensure that user status checks are consistently applied across your application and consider reviewing system logs for anomalies around these events.

Children