Reassign , Reject and Accept (default)button functionalities inside User input task

Certified Senior Developer

Hi Everyone,

We have Reassign, Reject , Accept buttons provided by default in Appian. It is inside a User input task. Since it is a default button we couldn't able to run any rules or write any code to store the value for the buttons.

Eg: If we click on "Accept" button tp!owner is changed but we can't store the value in a table. Similarly if we click on "Reassign" and "Reject" the values are captured in task level but we can't store the value in a separate table.

Is there a way to capture the actions in the backend or generate any report for admins or others to know the actions performed by the user?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

I usually avoid allowing users to use the OOB "reassign" and "reject" buttons.  There's no avoidance of the "accept" button but we just design in such a way as to not need terribly much detail from it, since we've long known that there are severe limitations on what we can expect to get from that.

I haven't yet tried the work-around that Stefan linked, though I also recently became aware of it (basically the gist is that a rule input can be passed the value of "tp!owner" from the user input task configuration context and it'll enable the SAIL form to detect exactly when "accept" is clicked - which i haven't tested yet but it sounds like others have already).

Certified Lead Developer

I usually avoid allowing users to use the OOB "reassign" and "reject" buttons.  There's no avoidance of the "accept" button but we just design in such a way as to not need terribly much detail from it, since we've long known that there are severe limitations on what we can expect to get from that.

I haven't yet tried the work-around that Stefan linked, though I also recently became aware of it (basically the gist is that a rule input can be passed the value of "tp!owner" from the user input task configuration context and it'll enable the SAIL form to detect exactly when "accept" is clicked - which i haven't tested yet but it sounds like others have already).

Children
No Data