What is disadvantages of query database smart service

hi

I would like to ask a question.

What is the disadvantages of query database smart servie.Which point is better than record type?

Is there anything better than record type?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The main thing to remember is that the the Query Database smart service uses SQL, while querying and writing data through records uses the structure of the data model you've already defined in your application, which should make it easier and faster.

Since Appian is a low-code platform, using records is our low-code method of interacting with your database and other systems. At this point I'd only recommend using the Query Database smart service if something isn't obviously supported through records (which is getting pretty rare at this point).

Can you give some more context to the question? Are you trying to make a decision on which one to use?

• The main thing to remember is that the the Query Database smart service uses SQL, while querying and writing data through records uses the structure of the data model you've already defined in your application, which should make it easier and faster.

Since Appian is a low-code platform, using records is our low-code method of interacting with your database and other systems. At this point I'd only recommend using the Query Database smart service if something isn't obviously supported through records (which is getting pretty rare at this point).

Can you give some more context to the question? Are you trying to make a decision on which one to use?

Children