What is disadvantages of query database smart service

hi

I would like to ask a question.

What is the disadvantages of query database smart servie.Which point is better than record type?

Is there anything better than record type?

Thanks

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

The Query Database smart service is pretty horrible - cumbersome, unflexible, and also fairly dangerous in the wrong hands.  I practically never use it if it can be avoided at all.  The only time I ever willingly use it is to execute a specialty SQL statement that checks the next available ID in a database and reserves an entry using that row at the exact same time, to avoid a weird race condition.  And under most circumstances this can just be done with a regular Query Entity call and clever process node arrangement.

For everything else, you should be using Query Entity (since you said RecordType data is not usable to you - if it were, it'd probably be best to be using that at this point).  I don't know of any reason to ever use the Query DB smart service when you could be reading and/or writing using Entity data.  I know there are some extreme edge cases, but they're rare at best.

Certified Lead Developer

The Query Database smart service is pretty horrible - cumbersome, unflexible, and also fairly dangerous in the wrong hands.  I practically never use it if it can be avoided at all.  The only time I ever willingly use it is to execute a specialty SQL statement that checks the next available ID in a database and reserves an entry using that row at the exact same time, to avoid a weird race condition.  And under most circumstances this can just be done with a regular Query Entity call and clever process node arrangement.

For everything else, you should be using Query Entity (since you said RecordType data is not usable to you - if it were, it'd probably be best to be using that at this point).  I don't know of any reason to ever use the Query DB smart service when you could be reading and/or writing using Entity data.  I know there are some extreme edge cases, but they're rare at best.

Children
No Data