How to host documents from External System to Amazon S3 and then show on Appian

Certified Senior Developer

I have a document download URL from Anaplan system which gives me the document once I hit the URL. There are documents like that which are hosted on that platform.

Now, I will be getting those URLs through Integrations. 

I want to first copy that document to Amazon S3 bucket and also capture the document related data in Appian DB and then pull the document from Amazon S3 and related data from Appian database and then show in grid.

We need to first host the documents from Anaplan to Amazon S3 and then show in Appian from Amazon S3.

What are the best possible ways to achieve this. Please explain in detail as I'm completely new to this scenario.

Thanks in advance

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Stefan Helzle

How can I implement the first step. I just get a URL to download the document. We don't need any UI action to be taken. Let's say in the process if I get the URL, then how can I save that document in Appian (Any smart service to do so) ? 

Is there a possibility that I don't host any document in Appian because they don't want to keep any documents in Appian. It should be like in process "Document URL is retrieved in process and then downloaded document is uploaded on S3, in parallel saved metadata to Appian DB. Then on UI pull from S3 and Appian DB". No documents should be saved in Appian.

Certified Lead Developer
    in reply to varunbawa

To download that file, you can use a simple Appian integration.

Then, enhance step 3 by deleting the local file after upload.

Again, all of these steps are pretty simple. I would start trying to understand how to implement each individual step, and then stitch them together in a process.