Adding Process Variables to a task report

I have recently been facing a hiccup in my Appian application upon creating a task report where I can't add process variables in my fields (I want to do that for further clarification of the tasks info for the user and searching for tasks based on data stored in process variables, I found a workaround for this issue but it is impractical and I was wondering if there was a better way of going through the process in general: 

First, in my process model, after initiation and upon moving to the next node I stored the needed process variables in the process name as follows: 

First, I created my process report as follows: 

I then created my process report: 

Now within my process report, I place any necessary filter, I also add a column that includes the name of my task: 

I then add another column that basically extracts the added process variable from my task's name to view it separately: 

while this solution definitely works, it feels very finnicky and I feel like I am missing out on a built-in feature that allows me to achieve this in a better manner, not to mention that the main reason I am doing this is because I have a business requirement where the user should be able to schedule their tasks for a later date, but they want the tasks to remain accessible even if its before the due date, and when I use the built in scheduling feature in my process model the task vanishes until its scheduled date.

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data