I need to get groups for a member user without using function getgroupsformemberuser() (function from plugin: People Functions) as we do not have support for this function in newest version 1.16.0

Certified Senior Developer

Hey Everyone,

I am facing an issue while getting the groups for a user.

We used to make use of function getgroupsformemberuser() from plugin People function version 1.10 jar

We need to update the People function plugin to 1.16.0 jar but in this newest update, getgroupsformemberuser() is not supported.

Replacement for getgroupsformemberuser() function looked a!groupsForUser() but result set of both is not matching.

When I use getgroupsformemberuser(), I get 70 groups list which is absolutely perfect.

When I match with the number of groups for loggedInUser from Users in Appian: It shows 70 users

Means, getgroupsformemberuser() output matches with actual groups.

But when I use a!groupsForUser() appian built in function, it return 72 groups:

Conclusion: Output is not matching as it's returning 2 more groups which I don't have permission to view. 

Is there any way that these 2 extra [NO PERMISSION] groups can be removed from this result set? Issue is that these 2 extra values are of group type and not null or empty otherwise it would have been easy to remove these extra 2 values.

Or is there any other way of achieving the functionality of getgroupsformemberuser()?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply Children
No Data