I have some confusion around getdistinctusers() and the groupFilter property of

Certified Lead Developer
I have some confusion around getdistinctusers() and the groupFilter property of a!pickerFieldUsers(). For either of these I am referencing a constant pointing to a group, the groups members come from 4 other groups which have been added. When populating an array using the getdistinctusers() function or using the picker field the User can only see themselves in the results. The parent group and all the child groups are of 'Restricted' type but with a 'Low' privacy policy which indicates "members can see each other" - so why in the function call or SAIL component is the full list not available? ...

OriginalPostID-124928

OriginalPostID-124928

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

• Do you have user visibility restricted in your environment?
    If you create a new group with as open permissions as possible, add a few users to it, then use that group for the groupFilter, are the users able to see other members of that group in the results?

"The user viewing the picker must have access to view any users passed to the value. Only users that the viewing user has permissions to see appear in the suggestions list. When groupFilter is not null, the viewing user must have permission to view members of the filter group for any suggestions to be made."
    forum.appian.com/.../SAIL_Components.html