Is there any way by which we can create a dynamic SQL query and implement

Is there any way by which we can create a dynamic SQL query and implement it in Appian?

I have a requirement where there are 5 textfields(name, DOB, age, address and phone) and on the basis of input in these textfields want data from database. If user gives input to any 1 of the field or combination of fields, then data should be queried on the basis of all the filled fields

Is there any solution to such a problem?...

OriginalPostID-125741

OriginalPostID-125741

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Ankit, Here is the expression rule you can use to generate the dynamic SQL query based on values. In the below query I have taken the first 4 inputs (4 inputs to your expression rules) - you can extend them for n inputs.

=concat("Select * from <Table_Name> where ",with(
    local!name: if(and(not(isnull(ri!name)),ri!name<>""),"name = "&ri!name,{""}),
    local!DOB: if(and(not(isnull(ri!DOB)),ri!DOB<>0),"DOB = "&ri!DOB,{""}),
    local!age: if(not(isnull(ri!age)),"age = "&ri!age,{""}),
    local!address: if(not(isnull(ri!address)),"address = "&ri!address,{""}),
    joinarray(difference({local!name,local!DOB,local!age,local!address},{""})," AND ")
    ))
  • Hi Ankit, Here is the expression rule you can use to generate the dynamic SQL query based on values. In the below query I have taken the first 4 inputs (4 inputs to your expression rules) - you can extend them for n inputs.

=concat("Select * from <Table_Name> where ",with(
    local!name: if(and(not(isnull(ri!name)),ri!name<>""),"name = "&ri!name,{""}),
    local!DOB: if(and(not(isnull(ri!DOB)),ri!DOB<>0),"DOB = "&ri!DOB,{""}),
    local!age: if(not(isnull(ri!age)),"age = "&ri!age,{""}),
    local!address: if(not(isnull(ri!address)),"address = "&ri!address,{""}),
    joinarray(difference({local!name,local!DOB,local!age,local!address},{""})," AND ")
    ))
Children
No Data