DateField Mask

I need some help with datefield masks, i'm trying to input the date 15062000 and i need that the text be corrected to 15/06/2000.
How can I do that?

Keep using dateField

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • So as  says you could use a text field, apply the necessary validations, and then construct the date by extracting the day/month/year components and concatenating them into the relevant format before saving into the target variable.

But I have to ask why you feel it necessary to go to all that trouble. The data field provides all of the necessary validation, it'll adjust accordingly to different locales (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy for the US, dd/mm/yyyy for the UK), has a date picker, all of which costs the user two extra key strokes to include the "/" separator.

• So as  says you could use a text field, apply the necessary validations, and then construct the date by extracting the day/month/year components and concatenating them into the relevant format before saving into the target variable.

But I have to ask why you feel it necessary to go to all that trouble. The data field provides all of the necessary validation, it'll adjust accordingly to different locales (e.g. mm/dd/yyyy for the US, dd/mm/yyyy for the UK), has a date picker, all of which costs the user two extra key strokes to include the "/" separator.

Children