Updating GROUP ATTRIBUTES using Customization File

Certified Associate Developer

Hello Appian enthusiasts,

I am trying to improve an internal deployment process, and one thing that pop up is the need to update "Group Attributes" in every environment, because we are using SAML Sync.

I know Stefan already published an awesome article proposing a solution (SAML Group Sync – Appian Rocks). However, it is for applications starting from scratch. In my case the pieces are already setup. Then, I couldn't find in the documentation a way to use the Customization File for that (Managing Import Customization Files - Appian 24.2).

Is there a way to update the group attribute during the deploy or am I asking too much from the Customization File capabilities?

Thanks in advance for all!

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

"... awesome article ..." Sunglasses Thanks a lot!

I am not aware of any support for group attributes in customization files. Depending on your specific situation, you could do a group-in-group setup. Create new groups for each existing group. The new groups are the ones synced via SAML. Then put the new group into each existing group.

Certified Lead Developer

"... awesome article ..." Sunglasses Thanks a lot!

I am not aware of any support for group attributes in customization files. Depending on your specific situation, you could do a group-in-group setup. Create new groups for each existing group. The new groups are the ones synced via SAML. Then put the new group into each existing group.

Children
No Data