PDF from Docx Error

Certified Senior Developer

Hi 

I have a requirement where in I am creating a word document from a template using the DOCX From Dynamic Template smart service

And then convert this word doc to a pdf doc using the PDF from DOCX smart service

The thing is the first smart service works, i.e. I am able to successfully generate the word doc. But then when I feed this word doc to the next smartservice to convert to pdf I am getting this error: org.apache.xmlbeans.impl.values.XmlValueNotSupportedException: Could not get a Java numeric type from a Schema string type

Can anyone help me with this ?

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents Reply
    Certified Senior Developer
    in reply to Soma

Thanks

there was a small problem in my template itself. 

The thing is I was using google docs to make the template, since my client does not have word access

But templates made using google docs are not supported (it will work if you solely need to generate DOCX ... but when we need to convert this docx to pdf, itll throw the above error) 

Now what I had to do is, create a word doc, format my template, and for the dynamic field, copy paste the dynamic name from that given in their documentation here (download the plugin and copy paste the name given in the sample template, should look something like this : «${doc.project.name}»  ) -> it is a very specific merged cell and I need to update my dynamic value in it

The thing now is : my docx is getting generated, but the pdf generated is messed up formatting ... and i dont know how to fix it

for eg. :

Generated DOCX : 

Generated PDF

Can help me to fix it ?

Children