Fetch list of text from given text

How Can I fetch the List of value as a text string from the given List

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
    Certified Lead Developer

simple - for plain dictionary or CDT data, as tejas mentioned, 2 options:
    1) just reference the properties with dot-property, i.e. "local!myData.value",
    2) use property() function, i.e. property(local!myData, "value", {}).  (note: index() does the same thing, but i insist on property() for getting properties for code readability)

more deluxe: iterate over the values and return whatever property you want (helpfully you can use this to do looped transformations easily if you want):

a!forEach(
      local!myData,
      upper(fv!item.value)  /* wrapping in "upper()" here just as a simple example of doing a row-by-row transform inside a!forEach() loop */
    )

If the data type is RecordType data, you can use similar to the above approaches, but instead of naming the property desired as plaintext, you'll need to pass a recordType reference to the field you want, i.e. "recordType!ASQ Reference Data.fields.value" (this would render as the actual field reference itself for you in Appian when done correctly), and this can be done for direct accessing the properties and also used in the property() function.

Certified Lead Developer

simple - for plain dictionary or CDT data, as tejas mentioned, 2 options:
    1) just reference the properties with dot-property, i.e. "local!myData.value",
    2) use property() function, i.e. property(local!myData, "value", {}).  (note: index() does the same thing, but i insist on property() for getting properties for code readability)

more deluxe: iterate over the values and return whatever property you want (helpfully you can use this to do looped transformations easily if you want):

a!forEach(
      local!myData,
      upper(fv!item.value)  /* wrapping in "upper()" here just as a simple example of doing a row-by-row transform inside a!forEach() loop */
    )

If the data type is RecordType data, you can use similar to the above approaches, but instead of naming the property desired as plaintext, you'll need to pass a recordType reference to the field you want, i.e. "recordType!ASQ Reference Data.fields.value" (this would render as the actual field reference itself for you in Appian when done correctly), and this can be done for direct accessing the properties and also used in the property() function.

Children
No Data