Hi I have uploaded certain PDF files at the beginning of my applicati

Hi

I have uploaded certain PDF files at the beginning of my application. Uploading them is the initiation point of my application.
The issue that I am facing is when I open the PDF files to review, and then close it, it always asks me if I want to save any changes on the file.
I’ve tried altering the PDF and of course I can’t. But is there any way that this message does not show up?

Thanks in advance. ...

OriginalPostID-130891

OriginalPostID-130891

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Yes I guess its not an Appian behavior. What Eduardo is trying to say is when you download the PDF from internet and open it, it may be using the "Adobe Reader" software installed in your local machine. But when you are opening it from your application (UI Form in browser), it will be using the "Adobe Reader Add-On" installed in your browser and not the one installed in your machine. So your test scenarios are not same.

I have encountered this message when i used a PDF Template (in which content will be written by Appian process but will not be editable by end user who opens the file). So i guess its based on the type of PDF you are using.

One quick check you can do to confirm this is download the same PDF into your local machine, open it and try to close it. If you see the same warning, its because of the PDF type
  • Yes I guess its not an Appian behavior. What Eduardo is trying to say is when you download the PDF from internet and open it, it may be using the "Adobe Reader" software installed in your local machine. But when you are opening it from your application (UI Form in browser), it will be using the "Adobe Reader Add-On" installed in your browser and not the one installed in your machine. So your test scenarios are not same.

I have encountered this message when i used a PDF Template (in which content will be written by Appian process but will not be editable by end user who opens the file). So i guess its based on the type of PDF you are using.

One quick check you can do to confirm this is download the same PDF into your local machine, open it and try to close it. If you see the same warning, its because of the PDF type
Children
No Data