We have a need to do a select query. The "WHERE" of the SQL statement

We have a need to do a select query. The "WHERE" of the SQL statement will need to be dynamic.The reason is that this is a "search" that our users are doing. They may select to search on 1 to 5 fields. In other words, the columns in our where clause will vary depending on the user situation. When using the Query Database smart node, we are struggling to find a way to accomplish this. Is there a way to get this done? Thanks!...

OriginalPostID-131608

OriginalPostID-131608

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks, I think this is working. We are using Oracle. Confirming: So in the Oracle sql above you are saying to make the col1Filter variable = to % ? Also, is that a space between the two quotes as in ' '? I'm trying to understand the COALESCE how it works? And what if some of the fields we are searching on are numeric or dates types? Thanks!
  • Thanks, I think this is working. We are using Oracle. Confirming: So in the Oracle sql above you are saying to make the col1Filter variable = to % ? Also, is that a space between the two quotes as in ' '? I'm trying to understand the COALESCE how it works? And what if some of the fields we are searching on are numeric or dates types? Thanks!
Children
No Data