Just how unique are the ppids generated by Appian? At what point would Appian st

Just how unique are the ppids generated by Appian? At what point would Appian start recycling previously used ids? Obviously Appian wouldn't try to use an active id but there must be a point at which the ids run out.
Thanks...

OriginalPostID-132084

OriginalPostID-132084

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thanks for the clarity Owen and Eduardo and for your input Stefan.
    In which case I guess you have to be careful when storing to an external system as clearly there is a risk of data replication if incorrectly handled. Also would the type need to be set as a bigint when in SQL? Or would standard int be sufficient when looking at long term storage of process data? When considering your answer we do have a high throughput of transactions in our system which is now four years old running in 8 exec engines. I am sure there are bigger systems out there amongst the customer base so perhaps there is a better use case to draw upon.
  • Thanks for the clarity Owen and Eduardo and for your input Stefan.
    In which case I guess you have to be careful when storing to an external system as clearly there is a risk of data replication if incorrectly handled. Also would the type need to be set as a bigint when in SQL? Or would standard int be sufficient when looking at long term storage of process data? When considering your answer we do have a high throughput of transactions in our system which is now four years old running in 8 exec engines. I am sure there are bigger systems out there amongst the customer base so perhaps there is a better use case to draw upon.
Children
No Data