Our user base uses primarily desktops and iPads for accessing Appian. One issue

Our user base uses primarily desktops and iPads for accessing Appian. One issue that is frequently raised is the differences in look and feel of certain components on the iPad versus desktop (radio buttons being selected with that iPad wheel item is one area in particular).

Accessing Appian directly from a browser on the iPad seems to provide a more consistent look and feel. What are the drawbacks of accessing Appian in this way?...

OriginalPostID-134966

OriginalPostID-134966

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Dan, this is very good feedback to our UX team. Some of the behavior is governed by the OS - we do not have control over it, but some can definitely be adjusted. I personally think that mobile Appian is simpler to use than web but it has decidedly an "app" feel, rather than a "webpage" one.
    Some items I can think about in addition to what Nate already mentioned:
    - The web interface is not optimized for touchscreens, the text of some links may be too small for some fingers.
    - dropdown/checkbox/radio button selections are pretty difficult, not all mobile browsers have a smooth operation (as a proud owner of a Windows phone, I know this first hand)
  • Dan, this is very good feedback to our UX team. Some of the behavior is governed by the OS - we do not have control over it, but some can definitely be adjusted. I personally think that mobile Appian is simpler to use than web but it has decidedly an "app" feel, rather than a "webpage" one.
    Some items I can think about in addition to what Nate already mentioned:
    - The web interface is not optimized for touchscreens, the text of some links may be too small for some fingers.
    - dropdown/checkbox/radio button selections are pretty difficult, not all mobile browsers have a smooth operation (as a proud owner of a Windows phone, I know this first hand)
Children
No Data