Not able to set values for more then one variable with dynamicLink function. I t

Not able to set values for more then one variable with dynamicLink function. I tried with both apply & a!applyComponent but same results. Even i have gone through previous related post but it seems they had not reached to solution or found limitation of dynamicLink function.

I used following ways-:
links: a!applyComponents(a!dynamicLink(value: _, saveInto: {local!itemToUpdate,local!hideAddLayout << false()}),local!itemDataSubset.data,local!itemTokens)
links: apply(a!dynamicLink(value: _, saveInto: {local!itemToUpdate,a!save(local!hideAddLayout,false())}),local!itemDataSubset.data)
links: apply(a!dynamicLink(value: _, saveInto: {local!itemToUpdate,local!hideAddLayout << false()}),local!itemDataSubset.data)

Though in Documentation it seems to be feasible.

could any one suggest how to set second variable on the click of dynamicLink...

OriginalPostID-135014

OriginalPostID-135014

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • The "<<" operator only works with functions or rules that accept a single parameter. In order to set literal values you must use a!save().

When using the dynamicLink values in a grid, I usually do this:

links: apply(
    a!dynamicLink(
    value:_,
    saveInto: {
    local!itemToUpdate,
    a!save(target:local!hideAddLayout , value:false)
    }
    ),
    index(local!itemDataSubset,"data",null)
    )

I use index() instead of directly the value to account for empty data sets.
  • The "<<" operator only works with functions or rules that accept a single parameter. In order to set literal values you must use a!save().

When using the dynamicLink values in a grid, I usually do this:

links: apply(
    a!dynamicLink(
    value:_,
    saveInto: {
    local!itemToUpdate,
    a!save(target:local!hideAddLayout , value:false)
    }
    ),
    index(local!itemDataSubset,"data",null)
    )

I use index() instead of directly the value to account for empty data sets.
Children
No Data