We are currently performing maintenance on Appian Community. As a result, discussions posts and replies are temporarily unavailable. We appreciate your patience.

I am sending a message to a Process(let us assume from ProcessA to ProcessB).

I am sending a message to a Process(let us assume from ProcessA to ProcessB).
I am using ProcessId of ProcessB in "Data" tab of Send Message Event so that the message will be targetted to ProcessB only.
This works always with admin user. No matter how many times I send a message to ProcessB, it works with admin user.
But, it does not work with basic user at all times. It works only for the first time.
On Monitoring the ProcessA, it shows that it sent the message, but in ProcessB, the message is not yet received.

Why does it work for the basic user only once? Does anyone have any idea?
You can also let me know the exact logs that I need to check, so that I can find why the message was not received in ProcessB.

OriginalPostID-146354

OriginalPostID-146354

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Hi Eduardo, A follow up question: The functionality I am trying to achieve can also be achieved by polling the DB at periodic intervals(using a!queryEntity() ) to check if the data has changed. My question is that: Would that be a better approach than send/receive message? Which option will have better performance? And which is a better design, send/receive message or polling the DB periodically?
  • Hi Eduardo, A follow up question: The functionality I am trying to achieve can also be achieved by polling the DB at periodic intervals(using a!queryEntity() ) to check if the data has changed. My question is that: Would that be a better approach than send/receive message? Which option will have better performance? And which is a better design, send/receive message or polling the DB periodically?
Children
No Data