We are on Appian 7.8 cloud. Following is my requirement. Let me know

We are on Appian 7.8 cloud.

Following is my requirement. Let me know if that is possible.

We want to send post containing report about previous day's work. Is there a way to show the report with grid or chart in the Post?

Thanks in advanced.

OriginalPostID-146764

OriginalPostID-146764

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • Thank you Sikhivahan for the response.

Now, to give you some more details, the post will be directed to all managers and their reports. For example, if a manager has 3 reports, then the manager will get 3 posts containing his/her reports' work during last 24 hours, plus all the reports will get the same post.
    Now, because this will be a heavy process, we are thinking of running this once a day when the load on the server is very low. At first the idea was that we would show the grid on the post itself. But, it seems to be impossible. So, I was thinking to get the data (data will be coming from the external database) in the Script Task and save it in the process variable. And then save the data somehow. I looked and I couldn't find any smart service for exporting / creating excel document. So, is there any way I can save document in tabular fashion?

Thanks again.
  • Thank you Sikhivahan for the response.

Now, to give you some more details, the post will be directed to all managers and their reports. For example, if a manager has 3 reports, then the manager will get 3 posts containing his/her reports' work during last 24 hours, plus all the reports will get the same post.
    Now, because this will be a heavy process, we are thinking of running this once a day when the load on the server is very low. At first the idea was that we would show the grid on the post itself. But, it seems to be impossible. So, I was thinking to get the data (data will be coming from the external database) in the Script Task and save it in the process variable. And then save the data somehow. I looked and I couldn't find any smart service for exporting / creating excel document. So, is there any way I can save document in tabular fashion?

Thanks again.
Children
No Data