We are on Appian 7.8 cloud. Following is my requirement. Let me know

We are on Appian 7.8 cloud.

Following is my requirement. Let me know if that is possible.

We want to send post containing report about previous day's work. Is there a way to show the report with grid or chart in the Post?

Thanks in advanced.

OriginalPostID-146764

OriginalPostID-146764

Discussion posts and replies are publicly visible

Parents
  • No problem, Here goes my explanation as per the understanding I had from your answers:

1. If you have the data in a PV which is of type ExportableDatasubset, then you could make use of the data in this PV (For instance, to access the data in a field called 'id', use index(PV!X.datasubset.data,"id",null)) and use 'Export CDT to Excel' utility to export the data into an excel. (Offcourse there might be some other utilities as well, which will export the data to excel and you can make a search of these in the Shared Components)
    2. If you want to export the data into Excel or Word document in a tabular fashion, you could do either of the following:
              - Excel document: Export CDT to Excel does the work for you. You could prepare a template of the excel sheet, and there by usage of 'Export CDT to Excel' and the PV (of type ExportableDatasubset which actually has data) will result in a document which represents the data in one single table. (If needed, usage of the same utility with different sheet numbers will offer you multiple tabs in the same excel sheet.)
              - Word document: Firstly, a word template is needed. Secondly you could create an expression rule which would generate xml code (with a desired design) that results in a nicely formatted table with the desired columns from the given data. Thereafter you could pass the output of the expression to the word template which results in embedding the table in the document (I suggest you to refer Advance Document Templating before implementing this approach).

Please do let me know if the above explanation didn't answer your question yet or if you have any follow-up questions.
  • No problem, Here goes my explanation as per the understanding I had from your answers:

1. If you have the data in a PV which is of type ExportableDatasubset, then you could make use of the data in this PV (For instance, to access the data in a field called 'id', use index(PV!X.datasubset.data,"id",null)) and use 'Export CDT to Excel' utility to export the data into an excel. (Offcourse there might be some other utilities as well, which will export the data to excel and you can make a search of these in the Shared Components)
    2. If you want to export the data into Excel or Word document in a tabular fashion, you could do either of the following:
              - Excel document: Export CDT to Excel does the work for you. You could prepare a template of the excel sheet, and there by usage of 'Export CDT to Excel' and the PV (of type ExportableDatasubset which actually has data) will result in a document which represents the data in one single table. (If needed, usage of the same utility with different sheet numbers will offer you multiple tabs in the same excel sheet.)
              - Word document: Firstly, a word template is needed. Secondly you could create an expression rule which would generate xml code (with a desired design) that results in a nicely formatted table with the desired columns from the given data. Thereafter you could pass the output of the expression to the word template which results in embedding the table in the document (I suggest you to refer Advance Document Templating before implementing this approach).

Please do let me know if the above explanation didn't answer your question yet or if you have any follow-up questions.
Children
No Data